1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:43 PM
fox
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Finally!

I finally felt confident enough today to take my truck to have it smoged. After makin some minor adjustments I take it in to the smog shop.

They start with the basic inspection gas cap, EVAP system, ignition etc.. Well they get finished running with chemical check and the mansger comes out tells me out of the blue to take a hike and get my picece crap truck outta here.... I say excuse me???? he says you failed cause you have all the **** on your engine he talkin about I have the K&N CAI, the flowtech headers, and an unidentified filter????

So he tells me he gonna call the cops to write me a ticket cause I have all this illegeal **** on my engine.... I say calmly you are really one dumb old fart... Then I point to the CARB number for the CAI right by his hand, then to the CARB number welded on the headers, and tell him him the unidentified filter is the filter for my front diff. XD lol!!

So the smog tech all of a sudden has a change in attiude. XD tells me it was his mistake and he will have to run it again now, I say BYE! run it down the street tell the story to the smog tech there, and he runs my truck it passes. He also helped me fill out a report against the other smog shop

Long story short this is the basic crap I deal with every year with smog in CA, But at least my dak is finally legal again.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Dude that sucks. What an ***. Glad you took your bussness elsewhere. Now you can get us some great videos and pics.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Bad96_3.9
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yet another reason i dont live in cali!!! glad you passed and got it going good though. you should have did a burnout on his face.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:00 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I couldn't live in a testing state. 1 - My Dakota would fail miserably and 2 - I would probably have real issues with the Smog places with all the stories I've heard.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:27 PM
fox
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bad96_3.9
you should have did a burnout on his face.
Forgot to mention that ya I did on my already freakin bald tires

Unfortunly I noticed something was up with my drivetrain when I've been driving around. My rear U-joint binds up at low speed so I think my pinion angle is screwed up now since the lift. So once again its parked till I get the $10 tool.

That be my luck going down a highway/ trail and my stinkin driveline falls off

Old 10-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Bad96_3.9
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine has been down too for a while because of pinion angle!!!! with the durango rear swap the pinion was lower so the back shaft was at 6 degrees instead of the factory recomended 3...

Old 10-18-2008, 11:55 PM
408Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry dude, but cali BLOWS.....

Quick Reply: Finally!