1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Project Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:22 PM
miniderblank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Ideas?

Hi everyone I need some ideas for my 1992 Dakota it has a 5.2L in it. It's pretty much all stock with a peeling paint job. I'm saving up for some BF Goodwrich T/A KO 31/10.5/15 and a new paint job. I have Rockford Fosgate 6x8 speakers in the Rear and 5 1/4 Kickers (which are total junk) in the front. All with the stock head. Engine wise nothing has really been done to it exept the rear diff. oil was changed with royal purple. I bought this truck from my grandpa for about 700 bucks and it gets me to school and home. I'd like to get some more power from it with out loosing too much MPG because my school is thirty miles away one way. I have some hook-ups for skyjacker shocks, so i might get some of those and really soon im getting some 12 inch shallow mount woofers from rockford fosgate. I have some pictures that i can post later.

Thanks for all ideas,
Jeremy

Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Bad96_3.9
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds good man! i would go for some exahust, filter, and a mopar performance computer for some base line performance mods, they will probably give you a little better mileage too if you keep your foor out of it. i have a 10" kicker comp sub behind my seat in a q-loqic box. sony xplode 5 1/4 up front and 6x9 in the back with a kenwood headunit, works really good.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you got a good project. Lots of options you can do. Loads of performance mods. TO make it look better. We got lots listed in the FAQ. Better sound system is always great! Like said above the best the best performace mods to start out with is high per. coil wire cap rotor. mopar high per. comp. headers larger throttle body and open air filter. Lager tires are great! Post up some pics as it goes along.

Quick Reply: Project Ideas?