1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 Dodge Dakota heater blower?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Senate427
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Dodge Dakota heater blower?

I own a 1993 Dodge Dakota V6 truck and recently I took my truck to a transmission shop to get some work done on the external wires above the transmission. So anyway I got the truck back and noticed that my heater/AC blower isn't working anymore. It worked great before I took it to the transmission guy and I can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore. I checked all the fuses and they look fine.

So can anyone tell me what I should check to see what would cause my Heater blower not to work? Whatever that transmission mechanic did screwed up some electrical things.

Thanks

Last edited by Senate427; 11-20-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 AM
skife

see if your getting power at the blower motor with a test light.

if not, trace the wires all the way back to where they get power from, and eventually you'll make it to the fuse box, see if there is a short or anything in any of the wires.

it could also be a bad ground.

these trucks are nightmares for bad grounds.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:22 PM
codydakota
Captain

It sounds more like the resistor on the firewall, passenger side, has a plug with a bunch of wires plugged into the firewall, unplug it, remove the resistor, either repair or replace it, and you're good to go, $20-30 at parts store. I've repaired 3 of them. They corrode and the rust inside them eventually breaks them down to the point where contact is lost

Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Rob Hopkins

Resurrecting a very old thread I know, but I'm wondering if replacing that resistor on the firewall will rectify a problem with the fan not working on highest or lowest settings. It works on the increments in between.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Hopkins
Resurrecting a very old thread I know, but I'm wondering if replacing that resistor on the firewall will rectify a problem with the fan not working on highest or lowest settings. It works on the increments in between.
Yes it sounds like that is your problem. Just replace the resister block. It is cheep and easy to do. The FAQ in this section has a picture of it if needed.

Quick Reply: 93 Dodge Dakota heater blower?