1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Looking for lenses

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking for lenses

Hey everyone,

The right front blinker and reflector (?) lenses are cracked, basically everything except the holder and headlight. I am looking for replacements, any suggestions as to where? Of course I looked on ebay, and I could buy the whole unit but don't know about the quality. Not to mention the price to just use two little pieces out of it. It is really the running light/blinker lense that I am having a hard time finding, the reflector is available seperately.

Also, while I am on the topic, what has anyone used with success to clean the headlight lenses? And remove that dingy yellow appearance?

Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would say ebay is best. You can get beter quality by dealership but its more expensive. Ebay quality is good enough. I have bought the side grill with lights to replace mine once and it was good. You can buy the lights indevidully too. The reflector $10 and the corner light $22. The corner grill with lights $40. If you wanted I would suggest getting the clear lights. They realy make the front end look good. $15 for pair of reflectors $25 for a pair of leneses. I have heard of people getting the headlights clean with the headlight restorer but not perfect. I bought new clear ones from ebay for $50 for both. It was worth it to me.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:13 AM
blackandsilver95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about cleaning the headlights go to your local autozone and ask for the headlight lens restorer it looks like a buffer for the end of a drill and just follow the instructions it cleaned mine right up and it was anight and day difference its like 20 bucks for the kit and its made by 3m

Quick Reply: Looking for lenses