1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

rim backspacing and stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:49 PM
daksport91
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rim backspacing and stuff...

What are dakota's stock backspacing? I was thinking of trying to find some durango rims... what is there backspacing? Id like if they stuck out maybe a inch more than stock or something....

thanks

Old 12-06-2008, 11:40 PM
codydakota
Captain

I don't know the backspacing, but I had durango rims on my '93 and the back was fine, the front however was a different story, had to run spacers on the front to keep from shaving the inside of the rim! I also couldn't use the center caps on the front, but on the back I could. Once i got the spacers on the front, everything was good, center caps went on and away i went. I know some people just file down the areas where the rims rub, but I find it easier to just buy the spacers and get it over with. Before I traded it for my V6 I sold the spacers and replaced them with washers, the washers worked great, dealer never noticed, at least not while i was there

Old 12-07-2008, 12:40 AM
daksport91
Rookie

umm, would u happen to have a link to what these spacers look like? i dont quite understand...... are you saying u put washers on the lug bolts between the rim n brake???

so did they rub because they were wider rims? Im curious on the overall width from one tire to the other.... after putting on the durango rims was it wider or narrower .....id like to have a bit wider stance

i found some 15 inch 04 dakota rims i might buy, but i really want to get a set of 16 inch rims off a durango...

Quick Reply: rim backspacing and stuff...