1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 AM
guitarplayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

Hi I have a 1995 dodge dakota 3.9 liter...i am having some troubles, i bought this dakota about a month ago it seemed like a good runner and really it is but i have these two problems that keep bugging me... one my kickdown cable has seemed to broken somehow so i went and bought a new one but i am not sure how to install it or adjust it and cant seem to find any info anywhere...also my blower motor seems to not be getting power. we put a new one in, and for about 3 mins it blew hot...but than it just all of a sudden stopped and has not worked since. haha!! it is kind of a bummer and an inconvience getting pretty chilly out, no heat is defiently no good...any help would be greatly appreciated thanks and have a great night.

Last edited by guitarplayer; 12-18-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to the Forum.

The TV cable is esay to install. At the top Just push in the two clips that hold it on to the TB. Unhook the cable from the TB. At the bottom Unhook the cable from the tranny. Then Pull back the tab at the top of the cable. Then slide the cable up off of the bracket. Install is reverse. For the Adjsutment check out http://www.v8performance.com/tipsandtricks.htm#TVCable

If you need more help check out the FAQ there is servace manuals listed. The blower problem may be a wireing problem or a fuse or the blower motor resistor pack. Check the FAQ in this section for a location of fueses and the blower motor resistor pack.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 12-18-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:58 AM
dirtball
Rookie

I just had to replace the resistor block for my blower, I only had speed 3!

RockAuto parts - online has it for 3.99 I got mine through Advance Auto for 6.99

2 screws (5/16") which needed to be pulled as they were so rusty they would spin but not drive themselves out. I used a J-pick to get behind the head as I turned it with my socket to force it out.

I also had to cut one of the wires - the one with the broken resistor block terminal rusted into it - and crimp a new connector on; I simply cut the part of the plastic plug away to make room for the wire.

Hope this helps

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
guitarplayer

thank you that helps alot i wil lhave to check into that, i defiently need to get those two things fixed fast burrr this wisconsin weather is no good hahah...thanks