1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

What kind of jack do you use after lifting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:57 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What kind of jack do you use after lifting?

Just curious here. I have a cheap hydraulic jack that I have been dragging around with me in case I get a flat, there is no way the stock jack is helping me if I need to raise my truck anymore. What kind of jacks have all of you been using? I like the hi-lift jacks but I am not sure where I would be able to lift from with them without damaging the truck.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:39 PM
1shotjake
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few 2 ton Rolling jacks around my garage that I use. I don't keep any of them with me (unless I am on a long trip) but I was thinking of getting a Nice bottle jack. My dad had one stock in an '88 Raider he used to own and that worked great. For the garage I'm thinking of getting a good 2 1/4ton rolling, because its got a bit more lift than the smaller ones.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For emergencys that I keep in the truck I use a taller bottle jack. The top can screw up to give you more highth. I bought mine at harbor frieght.

For the house I have a 2 ton rolling jack. Its old so this sucker is heavy! But Always does the job!

For the high lift jack there are few places to use it saftly on ours. Like the rear bumper in the middle where the bumper ball would go. If you get one of the chain hooks to attach the high lift to the bumper I would guess anywhere close to where the bumper mounts are, but the bumper may bend in some areas. If you have a grill gauard or pushbar that may be a sturdy place depending on how it is built and mounted.

Quick Reply: What kind of jack do you use after lifting?