1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

94 dakota 5.2 4x4 needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:23 AM
garyjrsonny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 94 dakota 5.2 4x4 needs help!

i have owned this truck for over 10 years, done almost everthing emagionable in this truck i dont have to tell you guys these are some of the toughest trucks made. having said that i have used and abused this truck without doing hardley anthing to it. thats fixing to change. i am lifting the truck within the next 2 weeks, i need a lower gear, my question is would it be easier, and more feasable to put a lower gear in tranfercase, is that even possible? or lower gears in both diffs? need help love my truck will never buy anything other than dodge again, but its needs work now. and while i am at it i am going to make it into a parttime mudracer or "tuff truck" i am on a budget. i think it is important to tell you that i do plan on putting lockers in. any advise would be appriciated! thnks guys love the site, will try to get some pics posted.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Lower gears in the diffs are good so you can have more power everyday. You can buy a 4:1 kit for the transfer case. One day I will get that!

Quick Reply: 94 dakota 5.2 4x4 needs help!