1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

I've searched but i need some answers PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 AM
94tbkota
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've searched but i need some answers PLEASE!

Hey everyone i am new to here but not new to trucks and deffinately not dodge used to be a service advisor at a dodge dealership. Any ways this is though my first personal dodge. Its a 94 Dakota 3.9v6 2wd reg cab automatic. Thats my specs so that should do.

Anyways i just got this truck since i got it i have done full tune up plugs, wires, cap and rotor as well as tranny filter and fluid(twice due to crappy rubber gasket first time). Also i did a little cleaning to the tb and new air filter and been running mid grade but i still have a miss i believe. As of now the exhaust is only y pipe cat and a foot or two of pipe. no muffler. Anyways it starts fine runs fine except...

When its running when i start to push the gas if i just barely push it it will bog down and alot of times stall unless i gas it. also i can feel and kinda see the miss when just reving while under hood. Any ideas to somethings to try would be apperciated.

p.s. is there a trick to checking timing my heads to big to fit with the timing light to see the pulley. WELL THANKS ALL AND SOOOOO HAPPY TO FINALLY OWN A DODGE!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:21 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look into the TPS and if that doesnt fix it, try replacing the intake manifold gasket. other than that, im not sure what it could be. maybe wait until one of the other guys could chime in and throw out some ideas...

Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
94tbkota
Rookie

alright ill give it a try but also off my first question whats a good muffler/exhaust setup right now im open after cat but i want it quieter. I like a nice deep tone a little loud but not over the top. But thanks for your advice and anyone else who has some other advice

Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
OneBadKota
All Star

My only experience with exhaust on the V6 was a Flowmaster 40 series, it was alright. I would try a 14" oval Magnaflow. It sounds good on the 4.7. Quiet idle and gets a nice deep tone at WOT.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
94tbkota
Rookie

alright man ill get a magnaflo and try it out. thanks for the advice. btw i love your truck man i want that look that yo got minus the hood. but sweeeet ride.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 AM
OneBadKota
All Star

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: I've searched but i need some answers PLEASE!