1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Tires!!! ugh.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:56 AM
'95Dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires!!! ugh.....

I need some suggestions guys, i want some opinions on these tires.

Nitto Mud Grap's
Nitto Terra Grap's
BFG KM2's
Yokahoma Geolander M/T+

I dont know what to choose! I will have a 2" body lift at least, and probly a nother 1 1/2~2" susp. lift so either 31's or 33's. I also want them on 16~18" wheels. Could use some suggestions on wheels too.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They all will preform about the same. It just comes down to looks and price. My guess is that the BFGs will be the best price for good performance. Your best bet will be 31s to make sure you have enough clearance on articulation angles. On wheels again it comes down to price and looks. Just take a look around google and see what you like.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:14 PM
'95Dakota
Professional

there aint gunna be a whole lot of articulation, mostly just mud puddles with mostly rocky bottoms. And lots of snow lol.

I love the Pro Comp wheel sbut ive been told like 3 times that they wont last long, but there only 130 a wheel.

Have any suggestions for what to search on Google? Ive tried lots, like 6x4.5 pattern and 4x4 wheels and everything and i havent found anything i like alot besides the Pro Comps

Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
skyshark186
Captain

THere isnt a whole lot out there for wheels on this bolt pattern. Especially when you get in to 18-22 inch. Personally I would never put a rim that big on my truck, so it works out good for me, but I can see how it would make it difficult.

Whoever told you a rim wont last long because its 130 bucks is .....well.....a bunch of names I wont air on an open forum. Tell them to go change their muffler bearing. I cant tell you how many people out here run the cheapie powdercoated ones you can buy for 35 bucks a piece for YEARS without issues. And nebraska salts the holly crap out of the roads in winter and uses tons of gravel. I have never in my life even given thought to wearing out a rim. And I change tires with a big pry bar and giant flathead screwdrivers.

just search 95 dakota rims and youll get more useful results.

Personally these are my favorites. Besides the stock dodge RT rims. I love the RT style rims.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=9&vid=011792

Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 PM
'95Dakota
Professional

those are the wheels i was looking for!!!! Thanks man!!

I seen them in a Petersons 4-Wheeler and i instantly fell in love with them, they are soo rad! Thanks man!

Quick Reply: Tires!!! ugh.....