1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New guy here. Possibly purchasing a 1st Gen 5.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Gigahurtz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
For driveability and fuel mileage, the turbo wins hands down. Most vehicles that get turboed usually increase their fuel mileage when not fooling around in the boost. That was the deciding factor for me, I daily drive my truck and take it on road trips. Just make sure you are using a GOOD turbo and oil scavenge pump, not the crappy diaphragm pump that STS supplies with their turbo kits. Even if the oil scavenge pump fails, you can still drive it, you'll just be getting oil past the turbo seals. I'd keep the boost limited to 7PSI on the stock headgaskets though.
I am sure the Turbo would be better with drivability. I have been thinking about it. Diggin deeper in my wallet for the Blower is becoming a heavy thought. Im pretty well intune with the turbo community Since my last car was Boosted. I will probably go with an AGP (built by Turbonetics for AGP) or a Borg Warner. A few of my SRT-4 Pals had the BW S256. Although they are laggy, they pack a punch opnce spooled..Although the majority of them had AGP 50 trims with the .63 AR turbine housing (me included ) I would have to see what turbos STS offers.

Yea, if I decided to boost it, the heads are coming off for a 3 angle or even a PNP. While at it, I will put a mild cam to match the turbo of choice as well as a double roller chain and new gears.

Christ... I got rid of the Neon because I was dumping too much into it. Now this.....

LOL

Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Gigahurtz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Dakota for me. This Clown general manager decided it would be a good idea and bump the price up $1500 when I got down there with cash in hand and for a test drive. Thought I was hot for the truck enough to pay 5k..

Said that he realized that he owned the car for more then when he was selling it to me for if i decided to buy. I said, wait a minute.. Your telling me you paid more then $3500 for a used car on a trade in? "Yep" was his answer. My reply was, " Do I look like a Jerkoff to you? Do you expect me to beleive that? Why on earth wold I pay $5000 for a truck that is 14 years old, 2WD, gets 17MPG, has 125K on the clock, broken radio, a rust spot, and cap that needs to be painted? What am I, and Azzole?

Showed him the dough, sorry buddy, you just lost your *** a sale.

Quick Reply: New guy here. Possibly purchasing a 1st Gen 5.2