1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

92 truck customization

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 AM
stoney20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 92 truck customization

I am going to begin customizing my 92 dak. I am going to do everything from custom dash to complete rebuild. Just wandering if you guys had some info or pics of other 1st gen daks. Thanks guys

Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to DF.
Tons of customization Ideas in the FAQ2 in this section. For pictures check out the stickies at the top of this section. Look for the Roll Call post. This has TONS of photos.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Bump
Veteran

Stories are lies with out pics man! Start a build thread and post away. You can NEVER post enough pics. Theres always something to see or compare in them.

Fill us in on some details... where you from, whats the truck as it sits, story behind getting it, type of build (2wd dropped street truck or solid axle crawler), etc.

And then, the hardest part is keeping moving fwd with the project! I started a build thread with mine and I gaurentee its atleast 10 pages deep in here! Too many other projects too!

Heres a pic of my shop from last weekend and why my truck has taken a back seat.

Name:  modshop.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  31.6 KB

And no, thats not a mini-van on the wall.... its a MONTATA! haha

Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 PM
stoney20

Yeah working on gettin pics. It is a 92 Dakota, 2wd, 3.9 mag, automatic, regular cab. I am wanting to rebuild from ground up. Overhaul everything. Convert to standard, rebuild and overhaul engine, custom paint job, custom interior.

The story behind the build is actually funny. My very first truck was a 94 Dakota. Had all intentions of doing the same to it, but made a very stupid and costly mistake. I was in a hurry to get to work and forgot to pull the keys out of the ignition. Well after work went out to hop in and head home. The truck was gone. Called cops filed a report. Thirty minutes later got a call saying it had been involved in a wreck. Well got it back and sent it off to the garage to get fixed up. Well the frame was warped and couldn't fix it. Well i made another stupid decision and traded it for a car. Well i went to sell the car. I ended up selling it to the same guy who stole my truck. Got my 700 dollars cash and put him in jail all in the same night. This truck is to remember my very first truck.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Bump
Veteran

Nice! I hate thieves! I am a VERY trusting person and around here, you still can be. ( I say that until mines stolen! haha) I leave my keys in all the time and never lock it. I figure if they are going to steal something out of it, I shouldn't have left it in there. and if there is something in there (beer, etc) that some kid wants to steal, I'd rather have him steal it than break the damn window!

Just use this thread as your build thread and get some pics!

Quick Reply: 92 truck customization