1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

What are good Mud/splash guard flaps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Senate427
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are good Mud/splash guard flaps?

93 Dakota v6

I need to get better mud flaps or some kind of splash guard setup because the winter season causes to much corrosion and rust. I don't know why my truck kicks up so much mud and snow, but it's got to the point where my muffler exhaust fell off the other day from corroded hangers. I plan on painting my frame and remove rust in 9 weeks but until then I need to stop the snow.

So what size mud flaps should I buy and what is a good setup to stop mud/snow from kicking up under my vehicle? Website with good splash guards?

Thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't believe there are any that will be a direct fit. So universal will be your only choice. But they are easy to install. It depends on your choice of style. There are thousands to choose from. I would suggest something wide and tall.
Try www.jcw.com or www.ebay.com or just go to google and type in wide mud flap or any thing you like.

For me I got these on the rear.

I got this style on the front. Where it kinda goes over the fender.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 02-22-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Senate427
Veteran

I like the mud flaps in the second picture and the mud flaps in the first photo I already have install on the front my vehicle. I will try searching Jcwhitney.

off topic...

I'm going to reinstall my exhaust tomorrow and I would like to know if it's ok to paint an exhaust for extra protection? And if so what paint do you recommend?

Thanks

Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 PM
dk sport
Rookie

i have don it befor i used a cast gray paint that was rated for 1200 i think east wood has it

Quick Reply: What are good Mud/splash guard flaps?