1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Dakota is getting no power to anything!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM
2slowram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota is getting no power to anything!

Ok i'm posting this for my step dad. He has a 96 dodge dakota sport with the 3.9 v6 it is a 2wd. Well I guess he had it idling one day and it just died. Since then it will not start at all. It gets no power to anything but the battery has been checked and power is good. I don't think this is an asd relay thing because it would atleast attempt to start that way. I haven't gotten into it really because I didnt' have my multimeter but nothing will work even when i hooked up a jumper cable off my moms car. (she told me it was just that the battery was dead). But even then I couldn't even get a buzzer from the key in the ignition. I am thinking a short somewhere but where? or possibly the ecm is bad. Is there a good diagram or could anybody tell me where to look after the power leaves the battery where does it go? I'm guessing starter and the fuse panel next to the battery? any help would be great! thanks

Old 03-22-2010, 09:11 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the faq page in this section, we have a link for the entire '96 FSM or for just the wiring diagram section of it.

But yes, the two power cables go to the start and to the power distribution center, which is the black box next to the battery. Check all the fuses in the power distribution center.

Electrical problems suck to track down, so good luck!! But I would start by checking the ground connections.

Quick Reply: Dakota is getting no power to anything!