1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Upper ball joint slipped out of control arm!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 AM
duburban
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a new one waiting for the passenger side and I was able to push it in and hammer the control arm sleeve a little tighter. Hopefully I can make it to the shop without it popping out again. I really wish i was smart enough to investigate this thoroughly when i looked at the ribs (threads) on the new joint.

I'll chalk this one up to a good learning experience, next time i see something i'll be darn sure to take a good look. The scary part is that i'm thinking about changing my clutch and pressure plate out soon!

Old 05-14-2010, 01:04 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which side is bad? I still have 1 good upper control arm thats sitting around taking up space if you want it!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:59 AM
duburban

Thanks for the offer 318. Moving back to new england area end of june and the dodge is going to stay here in hawaii. Its a perfect island car. Bought it with all the paint peeled off cause of the factory clear being bad. Sprayed it with rustoleum green. I'll post a pic soon. Learning a ton on this car though. I'm thinking about getting a 2.7 4 cyl tacoma next. Power is ok, gas mileage is good for a truck. What do you think?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 AM
kahanabob
Captain

Where you at in Hi I am on Maui.....Also my 90 is a great island truck...

Old 05-14-2010, 02:14 PM
duburban

I'm up in volcano on the big island. right next to the kilauea caldera that bombs the rest of the island chain with the "vog". it rarely ever gets bad here though. i'm always impressed with this truck when i can get over 19 mpg cruisin on the flats. what kind of work you into on maui? times were getting too slow for a month or so so i decided it was time to hit the mainland again.

Quick Reply: Upper ball joint slipped out of control arm!