1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Front ends well again

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 AM
DukeSupes
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front ends well again

FINALLY. Last part of the job was completed yesterday with an aligment. New steering gear box, centerlink, pitman arm and idler arm later I can drive it once more. While changing out everything I took the opportunity to adjust the torsion bars to as level as I could make them. Bought a 4 foot level and found the most level part of the garage and then put the level on the radiator bracket. Bubble was hard up against the driver side. So much wd40 and bolt turning later it was level.

I do have one question though. I bought an A1 cardone steering gearbox and it works a little too well. While turning it doesnt feel like the steering wheel is connected to anything. It literally has no tension in the steering. Now please, dont misunderstand me, The truck drives PERFECTLY, wheels will turn where you want them to no problem. Just no tension at all in the steering. Does anybody know if there is an adjustment that I can make on this?

Quick Reply: Front ends well again