1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Transmission Cooler??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
the_jones_670
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Cooler??

What transmission cooler would you recommend going with? Mostly just street use and daily driver, but i dont want my tranny going out again. Took me a year to finally find a tranny for it here in alaska. also i have 3 injectors spewing gas. i have replaced the o rings for them and it stopped for a while, maybe a week, and now they are leaking again. Why so soon? Any helps appreciated.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 PM
bill55az
Veteran

The factory ones installed between AC condensor and radiator are not that big....couldn't hurt to go bigger.
HINT, the service manual says to remove condensor to get at it for repair. STUPID IDEA....
Remove the radiator. Lots easier to recover your coolant than it is to recover freon....

Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

A medium size cooler is good. There are plenty of brands, any of which will work.

As for your fuel leak. It may be your injectors or fuel rail may be bent or broken. I say inspect it VERY closely.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
the_jones_670

Yea i figured i was just going to go with a flex-a-lite, i found a site wherei can get the transmission cooler and an elecrtic radiator fan for 200. so im going to go with that. then im doing a whole gasket set, and figuring out the fuel leakage problem. but right now i am in the process of doing the rear half frame swap, will have some picutres of the hacked peice of crap that was under it soon. You guys will be amazed at the unsafeness of it. I was thinking about tryin to get some of my money back legally for the guy selling me something like this but i figued there is no point in going that far. he just got my high perfomance sled. 1991 summit x 670 with 200 hp. I miss it...sure the neighborhood doesnt tho lol.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Az93DKota
Veteran

I think I bought an RV sized cooler for my truck at Autozone. And its been great since.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
the_jones_670

Yea my tranny should be here today, and i ordered that flexalite system yesterday, so thats what im going with lol. but while i have it in the air im going to redo all the lines going to it and everything. planning on a shift and filter kit. wondering if theres anything else i could do to bulk it up a bit before i put it in but dunno. with all the other things im doin right now i dont have alot of time and just want it done.

Quick Reply: Transmission Cooler??