1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Throttle body temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
scottyd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body temp sensor

Hi. I recently replaced the TB temp sensor on my '89 Dakota 2.5 4cyl. The Haynes manual says to use "heat transfer compound" on the tip. The one I took out had a little near the end , so that's where I put the compound that came with the new part (in a little capsule, like a pill). But was at Pull-a-part (Toys-R-US to me) and had to remove one to get a part I was after and this one had that compound all over the whole end of the sensor. Which way is correct? Here is a pic of similar sensor.Name:  water-temperature-sensor1.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  33.5 KB. Thanks all for all the great help. Scott.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did the sensor come with instructions? I would say just put it on the tip as the manual states. Who ever installed the other senor from the junkyard may have not read the instructions.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
scottyd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No instructions with the sensor and the junkyard one looked like original to car, that was why I was kinda wondering about it. I guess I'll just stick with the tip end, 'cause not really sure what this compound does. Thanks. Scott.

Quick Reply: Throttle body temp sensor