1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Look what came home with me today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 AM
issakar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen far worse looking vehicles for $200. I say it's a win :-D

Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
bill55az
Veteran

and not totally rusted out !!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Bkilla
Amateur

fixing the rust would mean that i have to show it love. if its not affecting the drivability its not getting fixed. although i might get a radio for my own sanity. how ever if you wish to donate som body pannels to the cause i would fix it then...

Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
airhead259
Rookie

That's not bad looking for 200 I have seen worse I recently picked up a 95 lumina (I kno its not a dodge)for 200 with a blowen motor and sum rust on the rocker panels

Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 PM
bill55az
Veteran

Best fix for a rusty bed is to dump it and put on a homemade flat bed....

Old 06-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Bkilla
Amateur

The bed is sound, its just the wheel wells that have started to rott on the out sides. been scouting some local yards latly and found some usuable stuff but i pull my self back because all i really need are some new front brakes, belts, tires, a radio, and some beer...

Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 AM
MagnumMan3.9

I'm still lost as to why the guy said he didn't know much about "cars". I may not have the best vision in the world but that looks like a truck to me

FYI, if you want to "flip it" and make a profit, hit up other dakota owners in a random parking lot sometimes if you happen to be walking by when they are there. It gets the job done, I can't tell you how many times I've seen and/or heard that happen.

So what condition is the other side of the tailgate in? Maybe you could post a pic of the gate with it down that shows the inner lip? If it's in good condition it's a better selling point, a lot of people know that tailgate rust on the inner bottom lip is the worst.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Bkilla
Amateur

well there is some rust but not as bad as the stuff around the wheel wells, I could possibly be talked in to fixing this..but only because i have the supplys on hand. on the pluss side the lower edge of the doors looks remarkably clean.
tail gate and box gap
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...r/Truck001.jpg
wider shot of tail gate
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...r/Truck002.jpg
under side of drivers door.
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...r/Truck003.jpg

Old 06-19-2010, 10:23 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rustoleum might work at fixing some of the rust spots that aren't broken through yet i was gonna say the rockers look amazing. on my truck besides the wheel wells the rocker panels are the only things that are rusted through the frame on my truck is only surface rust.

good find...

Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Bkilla
Amateur

rustoleum is a four letter word to me. Not saying that its not a good product its just that when people use it they think that they can cut some corners and the product will take care of it for them. As a professional Bodyman and Painter for the last 5 years. I will tell you right now that any idot can paint a car/truck/a something. where you start to seperate the "men from the boys" (sorry to the ladies if there are any reading this fourm) is the prep work and materials used, there are lots better products than rustoleum. If your going to bother to do some thing you might as well do it to the best of your ability. after all if it was Easy every one would do it.
So if i feal like it i'll do a write up and pictoral on the stuff i use and they way i do stuff....maybe

Quick Reply: Look what came home with me today.