1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Prepping for repair. looking for pointers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 PM
issakar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Just go with Napa.
Cool. The NAPA one (from the photo they have) appears to be somewhat different from OEM. this should be alright tho, correct?

Thanx

Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by issakar
Cool. The NAPA one (from the photo they have) appears to be somewhat different from OEM. this should be alright tho, correct?

Thanx
just have them take it out of the box and show it to you to compare with the old one before you buy it.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
issakar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairs are underway

Hey all,

Just an update. I got my repairs started last night. fuel pump power connector was tested, it gave me 12v for a moment then kicked off. Sounds like that is normal. So the pump was removed, i have covered the opening for the time being until i get the replacement pump. We also removed the shocks from the back of the truck. we have one shock off completely, the second shock is still attached to the rear axle assembly. the retaining nut of off the bolt, but the bolt is spinning the threads INSIDE the rubber. I picked up a rotary tool today with some cutting discs and i am going to cut the bottom of the shock off so i can pull it out of the way, then cut the bolt/threads that are stuck inside the mount point. Shouldn't be a big deal.

My fuel pump and replacement shocks are coming in tomorrow morning. I ended up going thru Autozone to save myself some $$. The NAPA pump i looked at originally was not going to be a compatible unit with my truck and the only other compatible unit they carried was 110ish more. I couldn't flip it due to budgetary constraints.

So i got the Autozone pump and shocks for around $240 plus tax. I pick them up in the morning and hopefully i have the truck running that late morning/afternoon. then back to the zone for plugs/wires/oil and filter/pcv

I'll keep progress posted,
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Prepping for repair. looking for pointers