1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

V8 VS V6 Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 AM
MRS_ROCKIN_ROBIN
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, am I the only one that likes the V6? Mine has plenty of power, I get 20mpg just driving 5 miles to work then 5 back home. That is of course if I can get it to stay running!!! I have no problem with hills or towing, in fact I use my Daktota for hauling the truck camper and boat together, (not a big boat, but still it's a boat.... sort of ..LOL).
Look at my sig, the one on the left and you'll see that it has the camper on it there, and I had to pull some pretty good hills to get to that spot.
I know it doesn't compare to the GM 4.3L or the Ford 4.0 which my husband has (talk about torque that will throw you to the back seat, that has it, however his Ranger only gets @17mpg on it's best day.... But I have more interior room ), but I think that the 3.9L is an alright engine for what it is. Do I wish it had more torque? Well yes, but I would prefer if they were a hell of a lot easier working on and cheaper as well!!!

Merrie

Quick Reply: V8 VS V6 Opinions