1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Need help with a few changes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:07 PM
LUCKY40
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a few changes

I got a few changes in mind for my dodge dakota. I like to install a brush/bumper guard. It seems easy to do but, I never did it myself. I'm also curious if its possible to remove the doors that are on my truck now. They are the doors without power window and locks. I like to put doors on my truck with power window and locks. I want the doors to operate the same way on my 91' Sonoma truck. When you're sitting in the driver's seat, there is one button to operate both windows. Then, there is another button to operate both locks. Then, if I had a passenger, they can control their side of the truck. Anyways, I guess you got my point by now LOL.

Then, I like to remove my rear view mirrors and install mirrors with left/right turn signal lights.

Finally, I like to completely remove my canopy and just put a bed cover with a lock. If I need to haul furniture or something tall. I like the bed cover to be able to fold back to the cab.

Now, I'm curious if any of this is possible?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it is possible to do it...but it will take a lot of time and some good amount of money unless you have connections.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
tmacdakota
Veteran

Sounds like you have a good plan for improvements, could take awhile though. Don't know how pricey a bed cover or custom mirrors are, but they are do-able. Guess you could wire up your power options, too...if you can find two donor doors. On my 93 Dak with power options there is a single door lock button on each door, two separate power window buttons on the driver's door, and a window button on the passenger door. I canned the power locks because my locks were froze up...got them unstuck, but unplugged the lock solenoids/motors...rather have manual locks. Don't know if there are doors in later Daks with the power options set up as you describe...possibly, maybe someone else will chime in.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
LUCKY40

Originally Posted by shadowthedakota
yes it is possible to do it...but it will take a lot of time and some good amount of money unless you have connections.
My mom's BF is welder and I can imagine he can help me with the brush/bumper guard. I don't know who can help me with the rest of my plans though. Maybe, I should take my truck to the Pimp-My-Ride show LOL.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LUCKY40
My mom's BF is welder and I can imagine he can help me with the brush/bumper guard. I don't know who can help me with the rest of my plans though. Maybe, I should take my truck to the Pimp-My-Ride show LOL.
yeah, i was going to do the same thing but a friend of mine had just bought a 4x4 daktoa that came with 2 of them so he is selling one to me for $5