1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

electrical head scratcher

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:17 AM
taderz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical head scratcher

i have a 94 dakota v6 4x4 club cab automatic one night i go to start my truck and notice the abs and park brake light on the dash and i have no headlights or tail/brake lights nor does my horn or tach work if i start it without touching the brake tach works and no abs.park brake light on dash but as soon as i either hit the horn or touch the brake or put headlights on the lights come back on and all acts up again the turn signals and reverse lights still work any ideas and yes i checked all fuses could it be a relay or maybe a bad ground somewhere?? any help is very apreciated thanks everyone

Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to DF!

Ya it could be a bad ground or power source. It defiantly has something to do with something under the dash or steering column. Just diagnose one system at a time. Trace the power and ground and see when it stops.

If needed we have the service manual in the FAQ in this section. It has the full wiring diagram. That will be your best friend in finding your problem.

Quick Reply: electrical head scratcher