1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 5.2L heater stuck on heat

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Churnee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 5.2L heater stuck on heat

Hello all-

Just found this forum and thought I would try and see if anyone else is having or has had the same problem. I did try the search and came up with blowers that didn't work to heat that didn't work.

My problem is that my heat works...ALL THE TIME! This is good in the winter time but terrible in the summer! I can not shut the blower off all the way. It's like the blower is always on the low setting. All the vents seem to work when the appropriate button is pressed, but it never shuts off all the way.

Just thought I would see if anyone here has any history with this and what they did to fix. It has been like this since the day I got it (about 8 years ago).

P.S. These trucks are awesome and I absolutly love it, even with 245K on the odometer, she runs like a raped ape.

Thanks

Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Your blower motor may be on when it is in the off position. You can try taking out the fuse and see if it is still blowing. If it is still there your doors may be stuck open and letting out the heat.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do know that if the the hot/cold slider thing isn't all the way on cold, heat will still come out. i'd been trying to figure this out for a while till someone told me about it.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Churnee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Your blower motor may be on when it is in the off position. You can try taking out the fuse and see if it is still blowing. If it is still there your doors may be stuck open and letting out the heat.

The fuse thing worked! Thanks! Although, when you said this, I thought to myself "DUH!, why didn't I think of that!?" I will just leave the fuse out in the summer and replace it in the winter. This shouldn't hurt anything correct? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 93 5.2L heater stuck on heat