1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

wiring harness section question. Help identifying part

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM
issakar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness section question. Help identifying part

Sup forum,

So as a lot of you know I have been battling fuel pump power issues. I have been digging thru the wiring in the truck and have found in the engine bay close to the master cylinder something of interest.

I dont have a photo at the moment due to it being dark. The wire bundle from the PDC runs back into the rear of the engine bay, then a second wire bundle comes out below the pdc bundle and there is a connector that hooks to yet another bundle that goes down under the truck. this bundle runs to the back of the truck and runs the fuel pump and rear lights and such. I am trying to find this wiring harness online to look at it, also looking for the diagram of the connector insid ehte engine bay in the FSM. I am thinking that i will remove this entire harness and go thru it with a multimeter and test for continuity at all plugs. Also i will check voltage at the truck half of the plug and make sure it is giving out what it should (will do this before pulling the whole harness)

Sorry if this post is a little hard to follow, i've been up since 7am and im burned out. will check back laters

thanks, peace

Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The service manual has a wiring layout. As well as pin outs.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
issakar
Captain

just as an update to the forum, and a note for myself. it looks like the wiring i am referring to starts with the connector "C116" in the FSM. in the pinout the circuit for the fuel pump module is pin #3. So what i will try is disconnecting the connector and put my multimeter inbetween that line and see what i get for power if any.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 PM
issakar
Captain

other thing i noticed is it seem "C207" also powers the A141 circuit which is what th fuel pump runs on. This connector is located under the dash. This is interesting to me because the truck hasn't moved in quite a while. however the hood release is in the same general location as this connector. Hmm.....

Quick Reply: wiring harness section question. Help identifying part