1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Yeah its me AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:14 PM
fox
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dobaroy
If the Chief has brakes, what about scrapping the towbar for a good chain and putting a good friend with a crash helmet in the Chief? Little leery about the towbar on the downhill.
yeah I was thinking of that too finding a volunteer is hard though lol. Ill I know is I got get on it asap cuz once we get a good rain here in ca forget it till summer, they say we are gonna have a real wet season.

As far as my dak goes not to much has changed. Ha thought about taking the straight axles from the jeep and putting on my dak but jeep is to nice to scrap. Aside from that I got a roll bar for a $100 bucks was meant for a ranger but it will fit. Once I get some money im get one those Jet accu speed units so my speedo is right. and get a shift kit installed.

I want that jeep so bad been awhile since i've got my hands dirty in a project ill keep you guys up to date.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:29 AM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A Dakota will fit on a u-haul car hauler with 6 inches to spare behind the back wheels. So far I've hauled back 2 Dakotas, one on a 10 hour trip and one on a 5 with the hauler from U-haul and one Durango for a 6 hour trip home. I loaded the Durango with the help of a girl who just steered the thing for me while i cranked the come alongs. If you attach a come along to your truck or the hauler you should be able to crank it up on the ramps fairly easily, assuming the wheel base isn't longer than our Dakotas.

I towed home my 2001 Quad Cab with my 1995 V6 Ext. Cab, stopping was an adventure.

Quick Reply: Yeah its me AGAIN!