1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Just an Update on the Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 PM
BlackKimera
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just an Update on the Project

Hey guys I repainted the silver stripe on my Dak. Just thought I'd show it off. I also replaced my half-axle that I ruined and did a tranny filter change. I got my glasspack installed too. Anyways a couple pics....

oh and does anyone recognize what this is....

just something me and my grandpa are going to start working on.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks goods...

Old 10-19-2010, 10:25 PM
melodytoinvent
Captain

Your trucks a 92 with sealed beam lights? I thought the change was in 91? Or is it like that cause you? lol

Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Bump
Veteran

I'd love to find a shelby! they had some super features and would make a great street truck if its salvagable, and if not, there would be many neat parts to strip off it!

As for the stripe painting... I hope you sanded ALL the way through the primer and then primed and painted. I did the same thing to a 94 a few years ago. I basically pressure washed the paint off the stripe and then sanded to roughen up the existing primer and then shot new primer and single stage metallic silver over the top. I sold the truck a few months later in upgrade for my 318, but I have seen the truck around and the paint I put on is starting to come off too!

The problem is the primer, not the paint. Need to get rid of all the primer. Still doesnt make sense why only the silver comes off, but that just my expirence!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
BlackKimera

Yikes. Looks like a know what's in the future for my silver stripe, haha. I'm not real worried about it because I just wanted the truck to look a little clean up for my senior pictures. But thanks for the heads-up, Bump.

As for the headlights I think that is something my cousin did, I want to switch them back to the other style.

The Shelby interior is MINT, and the body is decent except the decal, and my grandpa has a brand new decal for the side and the Shelby sticker for the window too. It's all stuff he got from when he got in the wreck that caused it. The last time it was all together it ran, he just started taking it apart and the tranny needed a lot of work when he got busy with other stuff and it sat in the weeds. I'ma pull that baby out and get to workin' on her. I won't get to doing too much on it for a few years yet though because I'm not going to college around here.

Quick Reply: Just an Update on the Project