1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

bumpers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011 | 11:10 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by Bump
I dont personally like the B front. Makes your truck look like it has *****. although I like *****...!
LOL!! Exact thing I was thinking. I don't know why anyone would want it like that. LOL!

But if you like it go for it. It's your truck.

Old 01-04-2011 | 11:56 PM
TannerV
|

some people like the bolt on cookie cutter look but i like the custom and original style, and ya it is my truck.

Old 01-05-2011 | 12:35 AM
TannerV
|

and ima build a similar rear one

Last edited by TannerV; 01-05-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2011 | 01:50 AM
oxygen454
Veteran

Kinda looks like a cross between *****, snowplow, and someone that hit a tree / post.
Each to there own but I think it would look better straight across instead of curving in. You may be able to fit a winch in there too after.

I wonder what would happen if you slid off the road and hit a barrier or something? All the force would be directed to the middle of the frame.

Old 01-05-2011 | 09:00 AM
Bump
Veteran

Originally Posted by oxygen454
I wonder what would happen if you slid off the road and hit something? All the force would be directed to the middle of the frame.
I never thought of that. Good point!

Old 01-05-2011 | 04:46 PM
TannerV
|

How would it do that? It's. Solid piece of medal. If I hit something im goin to mess everything up anyway just like any other so thought superior design if you hit anything with any about of force its game over for something. Instead of bashing on my bumper y doesn't everyone post some pictures of a "good" design?

Old 01-05-2011 | 07:52 PM
siggie30
Captain

Originally Posted by TannerV
How would it do that? It's. Solid piece of medal. If I hit something im goin to mess everything up anyway just like any other so thought superior design if you hit anything with any about of force its game over for something. Instead of bashing on my bumper y doesn't everyone post some pictures of a "good" design?

A: Your grammer is poor, but that is not the point.
B: You asked what we thought about it.
C: People told you what we thought about it.
D: Your getting upset over what people thought about it.
E: Not everyone has the desire, inspiration, or capacity to create a custom bumper.
F: It is your truck, but you posted pictures of an incomplete cardboard mockup for reference. If you finished your mockup, then we might have constructive criticism for you.

Old 01-05-2011 | 09:59 PM
TannerV
|

I'm not gettin upset I'm wondering what a "good" design is lol. I don't really care if you guys don't like it but all your doin is criticising not helping I was asking for suggestions. And ya I not my grammar sucks lol

Old 01-06-2011 | 01:32 AM
oxygen454
Veteran

hmm something constructive lol...

I have designed quite a few bumpers for off road vehicles. There is many ways you can make your bumper functional and safe but what you design is to your liking.

One thing you may want to keep in mind is, when mounting the bumper to your truck, make sure you have at least a 1/2 inch under your marker lights and grill. If you have the bumper tight and the truck hits a bump, you will get body flex and will result in smashing out your lights and grill.

Old 01-06-2011 | 02:57 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Tons of Options. If you want ideas go to www.google.com and type in "Winch Bumper" and select Images. Here are a quick few I like. I will guarantee NONE will come close to your design, but like you said you don't want a cookie cutter bumper.

Also I provided you with links to TONS of 1st Gen. custom bumpers.

Quick Reply: bumpers???