1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

CB/Radio combo wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
ratedpwg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB/Radio combo wiring diagrams

Hi, this might be a little off topic but I have an old chrysler radio/cb combo. I am not sure what type of chrysler car or truck it came out of but I am looking for the wiring diagram for it and I am also looking for info on the type of ant it uses. I have read somewhere that I can use your regular radio ant for it because it has an adapter/filter on the back but I am not sure. Can anybody help me in these regards.

Thanks Paul

PS Btw, it is made by the chrylser corporation, model no. 4048077, serial no. 0025603, date code 1228

Thanks again.

Last edited by ratedpwg; 01-16-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My best guess would be try dealer. If not then I would say your out of luck. Sorry.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
garam
Professional

I know this is a little old....

Interesting if it still works (stereo and CB) I would use a CB tuned antenna on it. Especially if you plan to transmit on the CB.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 AM
GTXpress
Professional

I know they had a similar type of radio in Jeep Wagoneers. I dont know if what you have is the same. But I am assuming that there is a switch on your radio as well to go from CB to Radio. So I am also assuming that it will use both antennas. However, I dont know what kind of Radio you are working with or what it looks like.

The dealer will most likely laugh at you. Id start by trying to figure what year, and model vehicle it came from at least. Sounds pretty interesting.

Where did you get it? I have kind of been thinking about stealing the one out of my buddys Jeep and try to get it to work as I am trying to figure out how to integrate a CB into the truck without just bolting it to the dash somewhere.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:53 AM
garam
Professional

Originally Posted by GTXpress
I know they had a similar type of radio in Jeep Wagoneers. I dont know if what you have is the same. But I am assuming that there is a switch on your radio as well to go from CB to Radio. So I am also assuming that it will use both antennas. However, I dont know what kind of Radio you are working with or what it looks like.

The dealer will most likely laugh at you. Id start by trying to figure what year, and model vehicle it came from at least. Sounds pretty interesting.

Where did you get it? I have kind of been thinking about stealing the one out of my buddys Jeep and try to get it to work as I am trying to figure out how to integrate a CB into the truck without just bolting it to the dash somewhere.
I've seen pictures, on here, were some have mounted their CB in the dash, under their stereo. Granted they were the small cheap baby CB radios.

Quick Reply: CB/Radio combo wiring diagrams