1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

command start

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:28 AM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default command start

ok, so the previous owner had a command start installed on the truck a few years back. they gave me the remote, but an immobilizer also had to be installed a year back, when they had it. the guys who installed the immobilizer informed the previous owner that for a price, they can hook it up so that both still work, but if they werent willing to pay the extra price, they command start had to be unhooked. they didnt care about the command start and had it unhooked. now, I care about the command start, and was wondering if anyone knows how i would be able to get in there and get it all hooked up. its gettin freakin cold here in winnipeg and i just wanna be able to use my command start!! lol

Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL! Only you can tell how to hook it back up. Maybe they pulled a fuse or a plug. And as for the immobilizer, it all depends on how both systems are hooked up. If you don't want to do it go to a shop.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well that blows! i was hopin, somehow knew i wouldnt be able to get it hooked back up. i dont wanna take it to the shop and pay more to have the old command start hooked up when its cheaper to just have a new one installed. the immobilizer works fine, i just was hopin i could get the old command start to work with it...

Quick Reply: command start