1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Herculiner,Drop-in,Line-X,Rhino.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
92Dak4x4
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Herculiner,Drop-in,Line-X,Rhino.........

What is your guys opinion on all the different types of bed liners. Like is herculiner too cheap, is line-x worth it. Do any of you guys have any of these. cant wait for you guys responses.
thanks

Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Herculiner is good, but it all is in the prepwork. If the prepwork is done correctly it will lasts forever. With bad prep work it won't last.

Drop in liners are okay. But they can cause bad rust issues in areas where rust is a issue. For me in the desert, you never have to worry about rust. The liner I got is beat to hell and still in good shape. Under the liner the bed is all dented up from use, the liner just springs back into shape.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm going with a herculiner. some one told me once that the roll on and spray in bedliners trap moisture and seize the bolts on the bed. for those roll in bed liners the kits are just a towel a roller with spare roll, a brush and a gallon of bedliner...i did the math for my project it was cheaper to get a quart and a roller. the guy at the auto store i go to highly recomended herculiner as a cheap alternative to drop in and spray in bed liners, but like Crazy4x4rt said its all in teh prep work.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 PM
ne14t
Rookie

The box in my truck is Line-X'd it has been since 1996 and its mint, like REAL mint especially for what its seen, as mentioned though its all in how it was prepped. My tailgate got crunched a while back (about 5 years) and when the insurance company replaced it whoever put the line-x on it failed on the prep and its now starting to completely peeling off in one solid chunk.

And for what its worth, all spray in liners are pretty much the same product with a different name.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
brihno360
Amateur

In my dreams I have either a Line-x or rhino lining. I used the Herculiner in the back of my Jeep and it's not bad especially given the price, but, IMO, the finish is not quite as nice looking as the line-x or Rhino finishes.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 PM
JDakota92
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a drop-in in my '93, and a spray in on my '92. The spray in started peeling in the corners. After I peeled some of it back, I discovered they only ground the low parts of the bed, which was the only surfaces the liner was sticking to. Not enough in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Herculiner,Drop-in,Line-X,Rhino.........