1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

info on a few mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:25 PM
daved
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info on a few mods

I have a 95 v6 4x4 extended cab. I have manual windows and locks. I am wondering what I would need to convert them to power. I have read that I will need the door harness and window motor and door latch. Will the door harness plug into fuse box or will I need fuse box from donor truck? Will I need the window regulator also? I also would like to install an overhead console. Is the wiring installed up the the roof for the console? I read that they all used the same harness weather or not they had the options installed. I also would like to install an electric fan. I have read that fans from a 98-03 would work I believe. I could get fans from a 98-04 concorde 99-03 300m or from an intrepid and I would look for the 3.5 engine cause I am guessing they are all the same. I used to have a 00 300m. I would like to install the fan behind the rad as it is setup in the lh body cars. I would like to have it wired up so it comes on and off at certain temps. My question is what would be needed to accomplish this and what is the best way to do it? Another question is about the trim around the t-case shifter. Would the trim from a 2nd gen dakota fit? I think they are bigger and have a storage space on the side and I like that. Thanks for any and all info/ ideas

Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The window swap is possible. But you may need the entire wiring harness. It would be best to find a complete setup from the junkyard or someone on www.craigslist.org and get EVERYTHING.

There is no wires in the roof you will need to route new wires up there.

The electric fan swap will be custom. Only you will be able to answer how it will mount up.

The Shifter housing will not be bolt in. You can make it work. Again it will be custom. Only you can answer it.

Try spacing out your questions for ease of reading.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:29 PM
daved

I was at a u-pull-it and they had a few with power windows.

I read that i will need to get the door harness and the window motor.

Will I need the power window regulator or will the motor mount to the manual regulator?

Will the door harness plug directly into the fuse box? Would I need to get the box from the donor vehicle?

I understand the electric fan setup will be custom I was just looking for some ideas from somebody that has done this before.

Would it be possible to install the air intake from a 2nd gen on? 95 3.9 magnum

Last edited by daved; 02-26-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
daved

anybody have any tips for these things?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Like I said GET EVERYTHING. Heck get the ENTIRE DOOR too. As for the wires go look at the donor vehicle compare it to yours.

For the electric fans

Air cleaner assembly, Yes it will work.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not entirely sure on the air intake

for the elictric fan, I'm running. A dual fan from a Nissan sentra on my truck and it does fine for keepping it cool... But since bought it the left fan siezed so now I'm running only one and it still keping it cool. And the fan is a little bigger than the radiator but I used un orginal screw hole and drilled one out on the passenger side as to not interfere with the fan.

The harness should plug right into the fusebox. There are slots fit power windows and power locks...

I apologize for any typing errors, but ,sadly, I dislike my ipod...

Quick Reply: info on a few mods