1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

De-body lifting

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 PM
5.2 318
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default De-body lifting

howdy, so i have a 92 Dak 4x4 with a 2 inch body lift (thanks to previous owner) and i have a thing about body lifts, i hate em. so basically i'm wondering what pieces, linkages, etc were replaced with the lift, and what stock parts i need to find to get this dadgum thing off. any help would be appreciated, thanks..

Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

First look at what came in the kit. Body spacers bolts and a steering rod that needs to be cut and welded in for automatics. The bumpers were moved up to match the body. The engine fan shroud had to be trimmed or drop brackets installed or removed. The lower heater hose shortened.

Now why do you hate the body lift? All the bad things of body lifts are for 3-up inch lifts.
2in are very simple and no negative side effects. In fact they help more than just the lift, they give tons more clearance around the engine transmission ect.

Now I'm not saying they are best kind of lift. But combined with a suspension lift they give a good look.

I have the 2in body lift for a good 8 years absolutely no problem. I also did a suspension lift. But now I am doing a Solid Axle Swap with TONS more lift. I don't need the body lift anymore but I am leaving it on for the extra clearance it gives for ease of working on it.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 04-03-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Quick Reply: De-body lifting