1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Fuel Line Broken

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Chris0908
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Line Broken

Well today I got my Pace Setter Header and my High Pressure Power Steering Hose and went to replace them today, well got all the way threw the install and my Fuel Line breaks right at the fuel rail, WTF. Well I did a temporary fix for the moment clipped off all of the connector on the rail (the plastic crap) and took a piece of flex hose (said fuel line hose, it's the one with the blue lining), a couple hose clamps fired it up on open pipes, just to make sure it would run without pissing out fuel, she ran fine check engine light is on, but I bet it's because it doesn't detect a Cat will find out tomorrow. But does anyone think that quick fix will hold up for a while or should I be looking to do something else with it. I'm hoping it will hold up tomorrow because I bought a 1988 Honda Shadow and I need to put it in the bed of the truck so I can get her back my way.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It may work. Without seeing it, it is hard to say. I wouldn't trust it, all you need is a small leak and you got an engine fire.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Chris0908
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to find a fuel line, no luck at least on the internet. So I'm hoping it will hold, I'll snap a picture of it today when I pull it back into the bay to connect the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Broken