1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Wiper Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 06:44 PM
red_line
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Help

Got an issue with my wipers on my 91Dakota. Previous owner replaced the wiper motor and wiper switch/turn signal stalk right before I bought it. The turn signals work, the washer fluid button works, but the wipers only work on low and high, I have no intermittent wiper function along with the wipers won't return to the bottom of the windshield. I have looked and looked but I can't find any info on this. The previous owner did say something about a ground that may have broke or something when he replaced the wiper motor and there's a wire coming from one of the mounting studs to a ground location oblong the drivers side engine bay. Not sure exactly what he was referring too or what that's all about. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There is an intermittent module that may be the problem. It is under the dash. Or the wiring! We have the service manual that has wiring diagrams and a wiper diagnostic section. You can download it in the FAQ in this section, just a few posts above this one.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
red_line
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I actually just downloaded the service manual and wiring diagrams so I'm gonna use that to check out the wiring situation. Thanks on the heads up the intermittent module, I will tackle that first!!

Quick Reply: Wiper Help