1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Bench Seat Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bench Seat Removal

What all will i have to do to remove the front bench seat, tryin to clean up the truck, i have a ton of leafs, wood chips and diamond pro (used on baseball fields) in the cab and want to clean all it out, and it wont hurt to try and get a better smelling truck haha

Old 08-01-2011, 11:34 PM
redragtop

I changed seats in my 92 last week and it was pretty simple. One bolt in front on each side and one bolt on each back corner. Adjust the seat forward to make the back bolts easy to reach. Getting the seat belts fed thru the seat is more problem than anything, but flipping the back forward makes it easier.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 PM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

what did you change seats with? i really want bucket seats and the middle and passenger side to be the bench, i know it would take a lot of metal fab and fabbin the bucket seats but i hate the bench seat all the way across, but thats most likely wont happen

Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM
redragtop

I just changed from one bench to another. I thought that was what you were asking. If you want to go with buckets, you can probably look in salvage yards for a set from another Dakota. I have a 94 that has buckets and a console and I have a 93 that has a 60-40 seat. The 60-40 has the drivers seat and center section as one piece with a fold down armrest and the passenger seat is a separate piece (so it can slide forward for the extended cab back seat). If you want to do something totally different, look in salvage yards for import cars with buckets. Be sure to look closely at the floor mounts, because you will be drilling new holes to mount them.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 PM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

im not goin to buckets, the seats i have are fine. all im doin is cleanin and lookin for lost items. the idea with buckets is somthin thats on the wish list

Quick Reply: Bench Seat Removal