1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

92 5.2 with some small issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:49 PM
junkyardvw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 5.2 with some small issues

So yesterday the wife and I went on a small road trip, about 300 miles, and the truck ran pretty good the whole way there and most of the way back. Just as we returned home the truck stalled on me, then two more times last night, and there was one time I managed to prevent it by hitting the gas real quick. Could this be a sign of the idle air bypass going bad?

I have recently replaced the tps since the cel flashed me a 25, and I am still getting a 25? I reset the ecu and had the codes wiped could the ecu be going bad? She is also throwing up a 41 and 46 yet the altenator seems to be charging fine, it spikes sometimes (I can see my headlights get bright) but nothing serious.

thanks for looking,
Junkyardvw

Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes it could be your IAC, only if it died at idle or low RPM's. And the PCM is telling you the IAC has a problem.

And yes it sounds like your Alt is failing. Take it to most auto parts stores to test for free.

25** Idle air control motor circuit short or open condition detected
41** Generator field not switching properly
46** Charging system voltage too high

Quick Reply: 92 5.2 with some small issues