1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

what would it take.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 AM
logancounterman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what would it take.

ok i ran in to a fiting problem. the cab is right up to the back of the motor and the bed needs 3 inchs to fit on right. same with the front fenders the cab needs to move forward abot 3 inchs. to line up with the fenders so i don't have to mod them........ my questan is. where and how do i find out where everything is behind the firewall. i think i am going to try a and tuck the big block into the firewall. i think it would look ok tucked back in there like i'm tring to hide it. lol.

what side is the heater and ac on. whats in the middle. what up top. trying to see waht can be done.

anyone have a diagram or something. i looked around and came up with nothing.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Chopping into the firewall is going to be a headache. The Heater is just to the left off center if not directly in center, look for the heater hoses and AC lines that go into the firewall then you know where they are.

The service manual has all the diagrams/pictures you need.

Without seeing it all, I say your best bet may be just to chop up the frame to fit your lengths. That way you can completely remove the cab and bed to fully weld around the frame and add in supports on top of the new welds to support it.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
logancounterman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AAA THANKS. YEA I THOUGH IT WAS RIGHT THERE. i just wanted to see if i maybe able to clear. but i guess thats not going to work.

i was i didn't need heat. because the cab needs to move forward so the fenders don't need to be all changed up. same with the bed it would have to be cut down in the front half.

Quick Reply: what would it take.