1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

fuel line help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
GreenDak22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line help

So a good friend of mine has a lift that I'm able to use every now and then to perform my basic maintenance/repairs on my truck. The other day I have my 92 dakota on the lift and notice the fuel lines are rusted to hell and leaking a little bit. And of course my friend had to go touch it and it started to leak like a sieve. I did quick patch work with a sliced rubber fuel line and clamps just so I could drive it back home
Anyways, I plan on just replacing the whole thing and the in-line filter, but I can't seem to find the complete fuel line from the dealer or internet (unless I passed right over it while searching).

I have a coil of extra brake line, plus buy a couple feet of rubber fuel line with clamps. Do you think I can rig it up using those materials?

Has anyone ever done this, or just replace lines? I was wondering how difficult it is because if it's not too bad, I can just take the bed off and do them myself instead of going to the shop and paying for labor.
Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

We got the parts manual in the FAQ.

1 BUNDLE, Rear Fuel ***
5202 0155 1 w/112" W.B.
5202 0159 1 w/124" W.B.
5202 0160 1 w/131" W.B.

Try the part numbers at www.dodgeparts.com or http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/par...?siteid=214583 or
https://www.mopar.biz/oempartscat.ht...=5&catalogid=2

If it is unavailable yes you can build your own lines. I'm not 100% that brake lines will work they need to be able to handle corrosive material.

Quick Reply: fuel line help