1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Evap manifold and ported check valves direction of flow

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM
azvampyre
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap manifold and ported check valves direction of flow

Just when you think you have the lion by the tail, a skunk scurries up behind you and pees on your leg.
When I replaced the emission hoses, I forgot to put the check valves back inline.
Theres one at the manifold pressure coming from the intake manifold on the passenger side and another one at the ported pressure coming from the throttle body next to the MAP sensor.
My stupid question is (I know, there are no stupid question, just stupid people) : which direction do they go? flow into the intake manifold or out; flow into the throttle body, or out?

Last edited by azvampyre; 10-12-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Flow goes into the intake manifold. Under the hood should have a sticker of the vacuum diagram. www.autozone.com has their repair section with tons of vacuum diagrams if you need it.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
azvampyre
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Crazy. I try to do my research before asking, but even after two hours scouring the net, autozone.com, and even AllData 09, all I found were the same diagrams, but they confused me on the flow. I had concluded the funnel type image of the check valve on the TB meant flow into the funnel end, but the manifold side had me stumped.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Evap manifold and ported check valves direction of flow