1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Direct plug-in speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM
g. man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddys89vert
yes the adapter has the wires for the STEREO but NOT the speakers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000KL2IN6

Here are both sold together for less than $6 on amazon. I haven't seen them sold individually but they must be out there.

i put 2 duals in my truck and have had them in for 2 years and nothin wrong with them yet. I usually have the radio up to about max so they have held up real well, no great on base but the music i listen to dosnt use a lot of base so there good
You get what you pay for is all. The quality sound just won't be there. Google DUAL speaker reviews. I've had a dual deck, and I know not to waste my money now.

Last edited by g. man; 10-30-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 AM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

i went to best buy cause they specialize in electronics for my stereo. i spent more money on the deck and had someone install it for me so it was done right, i would buy a cheap stereo cause i use it every day and i wanted it to be nice

Old 10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think that Best Buy is doing it "right", I have pulled apart some of their work in the past, and some audio shops work too. You'd be amazed who uses electrical tape and wire nuts... The "right way" to do this is with adapters, soldering, and shrink tubing.
Also, when I put new speakers in my old acclaim, the factory speakers had a plug, car side and speaker side. I cut the wires at the base of the speaker and soldered/shrink tubed the harness to the new speaker. So the new speaker was tied into the harness with the factory plug with NO mods to the car's wiring.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 AM
melodytoinvent
Captain

[QUOTE=g. man;2632655]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000KL2IN6

Here are both sold together for less than $6 on amazon. I haven't seen them sold individually but they must be out there.

No, see thats still just the stereo harness. I believe gray covers more of the power source part while black is to the speakers and everything else...might be the other way around lol I'm not sure...but what I was talking about was the + and - wires that go to the speaker where the speakers are mounted...I have 2 separate, old, basically adapters that plug into the factory speaker wire harness right there with 1 black and 1 white wire coming out that you crimp terminals onto.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:01 PM
melodytoinvent
Captain

KINDA like this...

http://autosoundcentral.com/Metra_72...W_p/726514.htm

Sorry if that don't work...doing this from my phone haha

Quick Reply: Direct plug-in speakers