1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Source for engine dress parts and how to simplify the engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:56 AM
woodscavenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for engine dress parts and how to simplify the engine bay

I am new here. I have been lurking for a while. I have tried the search and have not come up with much. I have a 92 Dakota with the Magnum V8. I have 2 questions.

1) Are there good sources for engine dress parts such as billet or chrome pulley systems (I can source a valve cover/bolts kit)?

2) Are there ways to reorganize or simplify the engine bay for more of a show truck?

For anyone interested the Dakota is a donor for a Resto-mod project. I am turning the Dakota into a 47 International pickup.

I have a blog at http://47ihc.blogspot.com/

Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That is a cool project. I had a 1950 Desoto Custom I though about buying a V8 2wd Dakota and dropping the body on top of the frame.

As far as dress up the most is going to have to be universal stuff. As for chrome pulleys I don't think there any available.

As for show truck your going to have to hide wiring and custom cover plates and all custom stuff.

Get some wire looms to cover up all the wiring and tie it up out of the way and same for hoses ect.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 AM
dobaroy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great project! A friend of ours is putting a 1950 Dodge 5 window cab on a Dakota frame and running gear. Man, looks like you have a nice shop to work in too. I think for aftermarket pulleys you could try Marsh.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out www.billetpulleys.com. The guys name is Dean and does some great work. The website pic of the billet pulleys on the 5.9 is my RT and it's the first set he made. He also drives an earlier Gen Dakota so he may be able to hook you up with some good looking 'bling'.

Quick Reply: Source for engine dress parts and how to simplify the engine bay