1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Broken side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Broken side mirror

Before I go ahead and rip into my driver side mirror, I was wondering if someone else has done this before and found an easy way of repairing it. My driver side mirror is the type of mirror that you can adjust inside the cab, and not from the exterior. What I belive happened is one of the springs linking up to the mirror snapped off or loss the ability to make contact with the plastic in behind the mirror itself. Which causes the problem where you cannot control where the mirror moves too and wobbles around when moving at high speed. I do not know where the connection where this spring is because I can not see behind it. My question is has someone else had this problem and found an easy way to solve it if not I will go ahead and rip the mirror out and try to sode the whole mess back into place.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM
1stG92
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have never took mine apart to repair it BUT this did work.I adjusted it where I wanted it(Im the only that drives this)Then used clear silicone around the glass and case to hold it there.Did this 2-3 months ago and still hanging strong,lol.Cost me $3 and about 15min of time.

Quick Reply: Broken side mirror