1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Finally only one code!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
89newbie
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally only one code!

After changing the Cpu temp sender and fighting the busted harness connector, plus new Serpintine belt I decided to check engine codes this afternoon. OH NOOO code 12, thought about it for a minute and laughed. 12 is a normal code showing CPU was disconnected less than 50 key strokes ago, THank you G_D, FINALLY !!! Hope it stays this way. Big test will be when it is really cold, like 18 degrees and thats not in the next week at least.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 PM
g. man
Veteran

Sweet!

Did you know there is a general discussion section above for non-tech stuff?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by g. man
Sweet!

Did you know there is a general discussion section above for non-tech stuff?
Kinda thought it was a tech thing since it has to do with engine management,better starting and codes. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:34 PM
g. man
Veteran

A thread like this would be deleted on most the forums I frequent. It doesn't have any tech related info, unless you consider code 12 tech. Your not asking a question or providing information that isn't already here. I'm sure I sound like an A-hole, but that's just my opinion.

With that being said, I am glad you're truck is in good working order and not throwing any codes. That's something everyone should strive for. I know people that run around with their CEL on, and because the vehicle seems to run fine, they don't do anything about it.

You don't get the code 45? I always get code 12 and 45. Is yours an automatic?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool! It is always a good thing when you fixed it all up, at least for a while. The thread is fine where it is at, kinda Tech, kinda General since there is no tech question, just a tech comment.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by g. man
A thread like this would be deleted on most the forums I frequent. It doesn't have any tech related info, unless you consider code 12 tech. Your not asking a question or providing information that isn't already here. I'm sure I sound like an A-hole, but that's just my opinion.

With that being said, I am glad you're truck is in good working order and not throwing any codes. That's something everyone should strive for. I know people that run around with their CEL on, and because the vehicle seems to run fine, they don't do anything about it.

You don't get the code 45? I always get code 12 and 45. Is yours an automatic?
Nope getting the code 12 and then the 55. Yes, its an automatic and I have put it through what you wouldn't believe. As far as people running around and ignoring the lights to me thats closed loop which = BAD mileage!

Quick Reply: Finally only one code!