1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics

I found a guy parting out a 95 Dakota. I grabbed a few parts including both bucket seats and center console console, I paid $15 for all 3 of those parts.
I had the 60/40 with the driver side bench style seats. My old seats were always in great shape, due to I use car seat covers to keep the seats clean, no rips anywhere on stock seats so I never had a need to replace them.

I installed the driver side which bolted directly in the same spot. I kept my passenger side seat since it already is a bucket seat and it is in great shape.

Old 60/40 bench seats.

New/Used driver side bucket installed.

I didn't take a picture of the driver side seat before the install (without the seat cover). Here is the passenger side of the bucket seat that didn't get installed.

Stock 60/40 bench style seat with center seat.

The center console was missing the arm rest and a cover piece in the front. I made a new arm rest out of a piece of wood foam and a covered it up. I also installed a small 5in oval speaker in the front and installed a grill mesh in front of the speaker, just to give it a good kick.

Only a few more things left. one is to bolt down the console. I'm undecided if I want the console in the stock location which feels good with the arm rest but feels cluttered up with the front tray almost touching the 4wd shifter bezel. Or with it shifted back some to clear the front up a bit, but the arm rest mostly covers the back of the arm. What you guys think? Also need to hook up the speaker and I want to install a cigarette lighter/power outlet in the console somewhere. (Ya I know I need a good vacuuming LOL!)

Stock location.

Moved back with the front matched with the front lip of the floor, well that was the plan but it got shifted by the time I took the picture.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 05-25-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

I was able to wire up the speaker, it sounds good. Right now I use the 2 rear 6x9's as subs since my head unit has a special feature for that, so no music/sound comes from them just base. The 2 fronts 5in are for normal sound but with them being so low to the ground it kinda lowers the sound to your ear way up top. Now with that center speaker it really gives the stereo the kick that it needed to reach you ear easily.

Also I moved the cigarette lighter/power outlet from under the dash that I added in and mounted it on to the console.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 05-26-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 AM
buick
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd say if the console isn't physically interfering with the 4x4 shifter, put it where it's most comfortable to use.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Purple Neon Guy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, my Dak has the factory buckets and center console already. Stock location seems to work for me. Wish I could find a new cover for my console, the one I have is busted pretty bad, and my seats are shot but I plan on grabbing some Lebaron leather buckets soon.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Mr onetwo
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy4x4RT......I know this is an ancient thread, but do you happen to still have the photos that can't be seen? If so could you put them back up?Thanks

Old 11-09-2018, 11:19 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

I'll upload some photos, I'm assuming these are the ones.

Old seats 60/40 style
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-pd0zh2h.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-k9lead4.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-6udozyn.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-s18m9re.jpg

New Bucket seat style
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-ep6uwyw.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-bheowp2.jpg

Center console
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-xlezijf.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-tuv6mzh.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-gpsnxrm.jpg
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-nb10hsu.jpg

I installed a speaker and a 12v outlet
Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics-wqedhwb.jpg

Old 11-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Mr onetwo
Rookie

thank you very much!

Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Noonbailey501
Rookie

Hey crazy4x4 was wondering will 02 Durango seats fit 96 Dakota seat brackets I can get some pretty cheap mine in the truck have seen better days and I really like the bucket seat style

Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonbailey501
Hey crazy4x4 was wondering will 02 Durango seats fit 96 Dakota seat brackets I can get some pretty cheap mine in the truck have seen better days and I really like the bucket seat style
Direct bolt on, no I doubt it. But anything can fit if you custom modify/fabricate it.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:41 AM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Speaking of bucket seats / console ran across this on my scrap yard jaunt a week ago. Not something you see everyday...

Steve

Quick Reply: Bucket seat w/center console swap with pics