1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Front end lift 1995 rwd v6

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:01 AM
95REDKOTA3.9
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Front end lift 1995 rwd v6

ok, i have a 1995 rwd 3.9 kota. I want to lift it really bad however im am having great difficulty it finding a true lift for the front. I don't want to use coil spacers or boosters. im only trying to get about 2-4 inch lift out of her the rear is really easy to lift just move the axle under the leaf pack and add a leaf. however i haven't found a way to lift the front. i have reviewed the faq pages alot. im thinking what i need is lower A arms and longer shocks and springs. hopefully someone can help me find something that works soon so i don't install the replacement stock spring and i can just return them. this is my first truck so lifting and off-roading is new to me.

the first 150k+ miles of this trucks life has been a wood hauler so the coils are saggy. i can post picks of my truck if you want to see how low the front end sits because of this. also my truck has alittle over 188k miles as of today.

this is what suspension parts i have installed and are currently awaiting delivery

monroe monro-matic front (the best orilley had in stock at the time)
kyb gas a just rear shocks
moog stock front coils(i have these i just havent installed them yet)
all front wheel bearings
prothane bushing total kit

can someone please suggest a good way to lift the front at least 2" over stock and get good travel out of the front end offroad?

Old 08-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes a larger knuckle and control arms would be the way to go. But NO ONE makes them for our trucks. There are shorter knuckles for lowering though. LOL

Your only choice for easy to bolt on is to use coil spacers. They are cheep and easy to install and reliable. You can use two 1in on one top and 1 on the bottom. Or a single 2in spacer or try to squeeze in a 2in and 1in for 3in lift.

The other choice is customizing a lift with cutting and welding ect.

For the rear you can do a Spring Over Axle swap but that will give you 6in of lift or more and you won't be able to match the lift on the front which will leave you with a huge rear rake. From factory the rear is usually 2in taller than the front, so even with the 3in coil spacers the rear will be 5in or more taller then the front.

I suggest getting Add A Leafs. Get a 2-3in kit.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:46 PM
95REDKOTA3.9
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the funny thing about my truck it the rear axle sits on top of the leafs. on my friends rwd cherokee the axle is below the leafs which is also the same with a rwd ranger. do you think the po lowered it that way or is that how they all came stock?

Old 08-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

2wd Axle on top of the springs.
4wd Leaf Springs on top of the axle.

Also forgot to add you can put on a 2in body lift for a good 4-5in lift all around when done.

Quick Reply: Front end lift 1995 rwd v6