1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

edit: Transmission Issues, please Help?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
v6dakota95
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation edit: Transmission Issues, please Help?!!?

okay so my truck has almost 220,xxx... automatic v6 magnum, anyways ever since 165,xxx when i first got it.. its always had a slip here and there going from 1st to 2nd whether it was full of tranny fluid or not.. thing is.. i went to the transmission shop friday and got the fluid filter and bands adjusted.. i mean it feels like it shifts better but that 1st to 2nd slip is still there... i dont think itll ever go away and i dont know whats causing it. i know the tranny will need to be rebuilt before 300,xxx im sure.. but every sound or rub makes me panic thinking the transmission is going out.. i know it helped it because the fluid was pretty dark.. and now its got a pink tint back plus the filter was nasty and had metal shavings in it.. but should i just stop worrying about it? any reassuring would definately help.. i love my truck but im freaking out.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
kahanabob
Captain

i would say the clutch paks are wearing out.....result is slipping.....you will need to replace them a some point. clutch packs are referred to as "software" in the tranny world and soft stuff wears out......guess this is not very reassuring!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
v6dakota95
Amateur

well heres the thing i checked my tranny fluid earlier and it was almost 2 QUARTS LOW!! they didnt even fill it all the way.. im going back tomorrow raising hell and asking for a refund or something cuz this is bs. shifts just fine and doesnt slip anymore either thank god

Quick Reply: edit: Transmission Issues, please Help?!!?