1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Dodge Dakota's 318 carb leaking from everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 PM
siggie30
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by One to Remember
siggie what psi did u settle on for ur carb and is your pump connected by new wiring or did u utilize the old wires, which should be white for pos and green for neg? im trying to utilize the old wires so i wont hAVE to use this light switch but idk if they work still or what.

I used a 95' block, M1 intake, and am using a 770DP Holley (would rather have a 670 or 650 but...) Most carbs need 5-7 psi, however double check with the manufacturer for correct specs as some are not rated for 7 psi. I didnt change anything on the fuel system except to add a return style fuel pressure module (so I do not burn up the motor), and put in a new sock. Ran a 3/8" line to my carb from the regulator and vroom. (basically)

Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 AM
One to Remember
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im still having the overflow situation. when i put it down to like 2 psi it leaks from the lines above the tank, doesnt really make it to the front, doesnt have enough pressure i guess to push the clips back on the floats. when i put it on 4 psi it overfloods the carb even if the engine is idling. my friend thinks i should attach a dimmer switch to the 89 dakota fuel pump to weaken it but i dont know. i wonder whether or not the placement of the fuel regulator about a foot away from the pump vs being near the carb mounted on the fire wall is a factor?

Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 AM
One to Remember
Rookie

ive got the regulator down to a drizzle and i still cant stop the hemorrhaging anybody have any idea what to do? im thinking maybe the float clip isnt pressing against the needle but what can i do to fix that if so?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM
One to Remember
Rookie

everyday i get a letter on my hotmail saying someone has responded to this and when i look theres never any new comment

Quick Reply: Dodge Dakota's 318 carb leaking from everywhere