1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

2wd sagging front coil springs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
95REDKOTA3.9
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd sagging front coil springs?

i have about 1 1/2" of space between the bump stop and where the bump stop hits. my tires are 235/75/15 so ride height measurement wouldn't help. I feel like my front end is rather low and i want it back to stock or better. i have new coils already i just haven't had the time to install them or the boosters. I would just like to know before hand if im crazy and thats a normal measurement or not. the original owner used this truck as a wood truck so it very likely that the coils are not what they used to be?

Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 AM
JR318
Veteran

If the coil springs are oem then im sure there worn out. You can install the coil spring boosters in the oem springs or install the new coil springs. If you install the new springs then you shouldn't need to install the boosters. The boosters just give the old worn out springs enough height to make it back to oem heights. If you use them on worn springs usually the ride quality is the same as before they were installed. If you want the oem ride quality then install the new coil springs and take the boosters back otherwise if they are installed with the new springs then they will be extremely stiff and feet like your riding in a horse and buggy.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 PM
95REDKOTA3.9
Amateur

well im pretty sure there the original coils. i have brand new monroe shocks that once i installed them it raised the truck about 1/2". i also have new kyb gas-a-just shocks in the rear (very good shock). I really want to lift her up 3-4" but i think i will get a 4wd version for that. i will post a pic of my truck in a little bit once it stops raining. i don't know if the larger tires are giving the appearance of it being lower because i'm visually measuring from the tire to the wheel flare.

Quick Reply: 2wd sagging front coil springs?