1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Atm y wits end......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM
ixmerlinxi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atm y wits end......

OK i need some help here it have tried just about everything i can think of here is the problem it is intermittent some days it happens some days it doesn’t i have an 89 Dakota it has the v6 with a tbi injection here is what happens starts runs fine drives fine then after say an hr or so it just turns off then it will crank start and die just that fast. if i let it sit for say 15 min it will start most times and run ruff then die then its dead for at least an hr. this is what i have changed this far new starter new fuel pump new fuel filter new sending unit new air filter new coil new plugs wires cap rotor new battery new asd relay the "notorious splice " had already been replaced they wired in 2 fuses found them the hard way in the dark on the side of the road, lol fuel presser is just under 15 psi about 14.7 when the truck starts to cut out you can try and feather the gas pedal but that just kills it faster. i checked the ecu i took it apart there were no burns or dark spots like a component was overheating/going bad the two codes i get from the ecu are 34 and 52 i have a new speed sensor on the way and the running rich code i would think is due t the weather changes her in Texas of the last few days ....so there you have it i will not give up there is a solution i just am at a loss.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 PM
kahanabob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any codes? temp sensor? hall effect pickup in the dizzy? guess you can shotgun it by throwing stuff at it! other than that if you can get it on a computer that will identify the issue......

Quick Reply: Atm y wits end......